The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XII

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
gnome

Re: The NFL "Sorry to Make You Cry" Challenge XII

Postby gnome » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 pm

shemp wrote:
gnome wrote:We're hoping for NFL officials to make a decision of conscience and refuse to certify the results of previous games.

I've heard there are "alternative scores" for those games, and that Cleveland and L.A. will be playing the Super Bowl.

That's just what the lamestream fake news wants you to think, it's really going to be the Bears vs. the Red Sox. Alex Jones said so!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:47 am

shemp wrote:
gnome wrote:We're hoping for NFL officials to make a decision of conscience and refuse to certify the results of previous games.

I've heard there are "alternative scores" for those games, and that Cleveland and L.A. will be playing the Super Bowl.

Nope. The Ty-D-Bol.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:25 am

I will, of course, complete the contest by choosing the Failcons to lose the Stupor Bowl.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:10 am

pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:37 pm

My only choice is The Paytreats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 & 2018 NFL "Sorry To Make You Cry" Challenge Champion

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Wait. I missed a game.
AFC to lose this weekend.

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people." - Dr. Gregory House

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Evolver wrote:Wait. I missed a game.
AFC to lose this weekend.

I belive you are mistaken sir, there's no football this week
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Evolver

Postby Evolver » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:18 pm

You are technically correct. I was making a prediction for tomorrow's Unwatchable Bowl.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:41 am

You will get double the points.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:48 pm

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

shemp

Postby shemp » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Failcons

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Who will win the puppy bowl?
I think this game should be good. Since the Patriots are making football great again and although I'm not a fan of president beaver grab I'll have to go with fail-cons
Will Rogers -
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

shemp

Postby shemp » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Super Bowl Sunday. The most manly day of the year. And the most manly thing a man can do on the most manly day of the year is:

:LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy: :LagerLouts: :BananaCheers: :drinkers: :ahoy:

And certainly NO Puppy Bowl, Kitten Bowl, nor flipping of other men's meat!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:17 pm

We all agreed, shemp, not to mention izittrue's Life Style Choices.

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Doctor X wrote:We all agreed, shemp, not to mention izittrue's Life Style Choices.

--J.D.

Recovery is not all it's cracked up to be.
Go Bears!
Will Rogers -

- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 pm

My old high school friend is in charge of the Houston Super Bowl. She's doing an amazing job.
Will Rogers -

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:48 am

Calling the patient.

--J.D.

izittrue

Postby izittrue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 am

I am a jinx.
Will Rogers -

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:10 am

No, it is sort of how I expected it to go, actually. Atlanta is a very good offense. Pats would have to keep pace and let their--on paper--superior defense make Atlanta one dimensional. What they could not do is give up the equivalent of 28 points in turnovers. Bad fumble getting close to the red zone and a "what the fuck were you looking at?" pick six . . . in the red zone. Erases 6-14 and gives 14 to the other team.

They did.

And, sadly, BBC America's Star Trek marathon is showing "Spock's Brain." Image

Now that I think about it, this is similar to what happened to Denver versus Seattle. Granted, Seattle was known for their defense, certainly. One thing Denver could not do was . . . cough up the ball and give up a safety and end up behind.

As I joked to another: "We didn't want another nail-biter." Image

--J.D.

Return to “Sports & Recreation”