Harper: Put "Fun" in MLB! Goosage: "Get Off My Lawn!"

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Harper: Put "Fun" in MLB! Goosage: "Get Off My Lawn!"

Postby Doctor X » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:04 am

MLB--"major league baseball" for you followers of kick ball, curling, full-contact tennis, and other Foreign Abominations--is filled with ridiculous "unwritten rules."

One of them has been pitchers losing their shit should anyone actually hit the damn ball. Do it effectively, and they will commit assault with the baseball. In the meantime, pitchers could prance and preen and make other gestures. This has led to a "war" of sorts over recent years. Batters are more likely to "flip" the bat after taking a pitcher "yard":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBne4CokKBU

One RS player was infamous for his ability to swing and throw a bat at the pitcher in retaliation for him drilling two teammates who "took him deep":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJicsBBCOv8

Ooops.

Enough, says reigning in the rain [Stop that.--Ed.] MVP Bryce Harper! Let people enjoy the game:

“Baseball’s tired. It’s a tired sport, because you can’t express yourself. You can’t do what people in other sports do. I’m not saying baseball is, you know, boring or anything like that, but it’s the excitement of the young guys who are coming into the game now who have flair.

“Jose Fernandez is a great example. Jose Fernandez will strike you out and stare you down into the dugout and pump his fist. And if you hit a homer and pimp it? He doesn’t care. Because you got him. That’s part of the game. It’s not the old feeling—hoorah ... if you pimp a homer, I’m going to hit you right in the teeth. No. If a guy pimps a homer for a game-winning shot ... I mean—sorry.”

Certified Old Fart "Goose" Gossage’s disagrees:

[Jose] Bautista is a f---ing disgrace to the game...He’s embarrassing to all the Latin players, whoever played before him. Throwing his bat and acting like a fool, like all those guys in Toronto. [Yoenis] Cespedes, same thing.”

GET OFF MY LAWN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-7MmhqNfA

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Harper: Put "Fun" in MLB! Goosage: "Get Off My Lawn!"

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:47 am

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Harper: Put "Fun" in MLB! Goosage: "Get Off My Lawn!"

Postby Doctor X » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:58 am

Trot would not do that!

Unless you heckled him. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Return to “Sports & Recreation”