Peytongate

Never agree to 3 points on top of the vig.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Peytongate

Post by Doctor X » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:43 am

Inside Peyton Manning’s secret investigation into Al Jazeera documentary:
By Will Hobson and Justin Wm. Moyer February 4:

Five days before a documentary alleged that quarterback Peyton Manning and other star athletes had used performance-enhancing drugs, two men hired by Manning’s lawyers visited the parents of the documentary’s key witness. Both men wore black overcoats and jeans and, according to a 911 call from the house that evening, one initially said he was a law enforcement officer but didn’t have a badge.

After they told their daughter to call 911 the night of Dec. 22, Randall and Judith Sly stepped outside to talk to the strangers, who clarified they were private investigators, not cops. They had come to this red brick house with a well-manicured lawn looking for the Slys’ 31-year-old son, Charlie, a pharmacist who was the primary source in the upcoming documentary.

The revelation of the visit to the Slys’ home in this rural, upper middle class suburb is another in what has been a series of strange twists and turns since the Al Jazeera documentary, “The Dark Side: The Secret World of Sports Doping,” first aired. In the documentary, Sly boasted about helping pro football and baseball players cheat. In one scene, Sly implied that Manning took human growth hormone prescribed by an Indianapolis anti-aging clinic and shipped to Manning’s wife, Ashley.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Sly’s claims have spurred investigations from the NFL and Major League Baseball that likely will take months. But the first investigation of Sly came before the documentary even aired, and was bankrolled by Manning, who will lead the Denver Broncos against the Carolina Panthers in Sunday’s Super Bowl.

Manning’s lawyers launched the private probe shortly after Al Jazeera started contacting athletes who would be named in the documentary. They hired investigators to identify, locate and interrogate Sly, and sent a lawyer to examine Peyton and Ashley’s medical records at the Guyer Institute of Molecular Medicine in Indianapolis.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

The story Sly said he made up contained at least a bit of truth, though: The Guyer Institute did ship medication to Ashley Manning, Fleischer confirmed. Citing Ashley’s right to privacy, Fleischer declined to specify whether the medication was human growth hormone, which is banned by professional sports leagues and only legal to prescribe in America for a few specific conditions, such as growth hormone deficiency, HIV wasting syndrome and short bowel syndrome. Probably things she was not so concerned about while pregnant!

Search for the source

In the Al Jazeera documentary, Liam Collins, a former British hurdler, went undercover and claimed to pharmacists and doctors he was trying to revive his running career and was willing to cheat. With hidden cameras, Collins recorded Sly and asked him about procuring performance-enhancing drugs.

In speaking with Collins, Sly alleged illicit drug use by Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman and Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, as well as by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison. Sly also said he helped numerous Green Bay Packers take banned substances, including linebackers Clay Matthews and Mike Neal, and defensive end Julius Peppers. Is the NFL actively investigating any of them? Rhetorical question. (All of the players have denied the claims; Zimmerman and Howard have sued Al Jazeera for libel.)

["Snip!"--Ed.]

While Al Jazeera refused to identify its source, employees at the Guyer Institute noticed something familiar.

The unnamed source, Al Jazeera wrote in the email to Guyer, alleged that Peyton and Ashley Manning visited the anti-aging clinic after hours to “get IVs and shit .” The last two words reminded a few Guyer employees of a fleshy, fast-talking intern from a few years before.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Only the beginning

While Sly has recanted everything he said about giving athletes banned drugs, several scenes in the documentary are more difficult to dismiss.

At one point, Sly offers Al Jazeera’s Collins a syringe he claims contains Delta-2, a banned steroid. Asked about that scene this week, Sly’s lawyer Cohron said his client lied and that the syringe actually contained a vitamin supplement.

In another scene, Taylor Teagarden, a journeyman catcher who played with the Chicago Cubs, is waiting outside Sly’s apartment. Once inside, Teagarden talks about taking Delta-2.

Teagarden did not reply to requests for comment. Cohron claims Teagarden was lying to help Sly appear to be a steroid dealer. Because professional players do this. Go out of their way to travel to clinics to help some guy pad his reputation for providing illegal performance enhancers. Yup.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

In multiple statements since the documentary aired, Peyton Manning has never denied that the Guyer clinic shipped human growth hormone to his wife, as Sly alleged. Manning has just denied ever taking it.

“We’ve never said he [Sly] had everything wrong. We just said what he said about Peyton was wrong,” Fleischer said. “It’s like the saying . . . Someone with a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.”

Washington Post: Will Hobson and Justin Wm. Moyer
It is all about felating the other owners and distracting from your failures with regards to domestic violence, child abuse, and brain damage, "integrity of the game," Roger.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Peytongate

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:20 pm

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/ ... -1.2530395
Now, I get a lot of crap posted on my Facebook page, but I decided, on a whim, to Google "Peyton Manning sexual assault University of Tennessee." That's how I discovered the two old USA Today articles about the case. Later that day, when I wrote an article on the racial double standards in the media between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton, I decided to mention the sexual assault case, and how the allegations had somehow slid right off of Peyton like virtually every other mistake he has ever made in his career.

Less than 24 hours later, a source who claimed to see my article on the racial double standard, sent me a 74-page court document from Polk County court in Florida. Sitting in the San Francisco airport, waiting for a flight home, I opened the PDF, began reading, and felt like I had stumbled on to state secrets. I literally moved to where nobody could see my computer screen.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:18 pm

I just received a link to that.

It is an interesting thing. As we wake his career, Tom Brady asks "why were you so loved and I'm so hated?"

I have always felt it was jealousy. Peyton was The Quarterback . . . of DESTiny ever since his decided to forego rationality in choosing names for his brood. Yet he failed in college, then failed repeatedly in the NFL.

"Failed?"

This is all perception mind you. Just as St. Tom marrying the Queen of Super Model whom, if he divorced her, would owe him alimony generated a lot of jealous hate he never owned, St. Peyton generated a lot of sympathy he, well, never earned.

Now that he is "successful"--more than one championship is not a "fluke" even if you had nothing to do with it--this charge which has been known for years is suddenly relevant.

Fair?

Yes and no. "Yes" in that Peyton did what he did. He has only himself to blame for it, just as Bill Cosby has only himself to blame now.

"No" in that people only care now because he is no longer the "aw shucks luvable loser" he was portrayed. He was about to face his third straight Super Bowl loss. Fortunately, for him, his defense showed up.

Interesting how attention works.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:51 am

Meanwhile, Chris Curtis of WEEI "tweeted":
I was just told by a current ESPN anchor that all ESPN employees were told not to report or discuss the Daily News story on Peyton Manning.
picked up by this Linkypoo.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Our Man McCann gives a very detailed treatment of the law behind these suits--there have been more than one.

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:56 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:44 am

Mike Florio is not a "bomb-thrower"; he is a very respected NFL reporter:
ESPN’s Outside The Lines (a/k/a “it’s separate from ESPN’s army of NFL reporters so don’t hold it against any of them”) reports that Jamie Naughright called a sexual assault crisis center on the day of the incident, February 29, 1996.

The document shows one of five boxes checked for describing the incident: “Adult sexual assault.” The document doesn’t name Manning, but refers generally to a “very well known public figure.” Notes taken by the person receiving the call from Naughright wrote the following: “I can’t believe this . . . .I told my boss tonite. . . . sense there will be a coverup. . . . head coach letting them get away [with] everything. . . . tonite — was witnessed by another team member. . . . Lady Vol raped a year ago [and] recent rape covered up. . . . [Mike] Rollo told her tonite repeatedly, ‘I don’t think is best handled by the press or police.’ Rollo is her superior . . . Caller did not want to discuss details of assault over the phone — feared for her job, worried and feared for her life.”

In a formal complaint of sexual harassment filed six months later, Naughright said that Manning (who was unnamed in that document, too) “exposed himself” during the incident, without alleging contact or describing the incident as a “sexual assault.”

PFT has now obtained all three volumes of Naughight’s deposition testimony from her 2002 defamation lawsuit against Peyton Manning and others. Here’s how she explained the situation under oath: “Well, we were in a room like this and then like all the sudden like a shadow it started to get dark on the flooring. Just like this light. I started to see darkness underneath it him [sic]. A change in light. . . . At the time, I really didn’t understand why it was getting dark. Then, I felt something hit the top of my head and I heard laughter. . . . I started to rotate my head and thats’ when Mr. Manning’s naked butt and rectum was on my face. . . .”

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Naughright testified that she pushed Manning away and called Manning an “ass” but didn’t yell or scream because “[w]hen he turned around and looked at me with that anger in his eyes that I saw, I did not want to get confrontational with him.” She also said he had “anger and he smirked and he laughed,” and that Malcolm Saxon (who witnessed the incident but was never questioned under oath) was “shocked” by what he saw.

Skeptics of Naughright’s version will continue to point out that at one point she called it a sexual assault, at one point she said Manning simply exposed himself, and then under oath she painted a graphic (and if true very troubling) picture of Manning dropping his rear end onto her face. Manning’s story, while consistent, is at the far opposite end of the spectrum, with a claim that he was mooning Saxon and Naughright inadvertently saw it.

Both Naughright and Manning had reasons to cling to their version of the events. For Naughright, two different legal claims were fueled by the allegation; for Manning, nothing positive ever would have come from admitting he did what she claims he did.

Maybe the differences in Naughright’s various explanations flow from the fairly unique nature of the conduct about which she complained. Despite curious circumstances relating to their content and creation, the affidavit executed and letter written by Saxon six years later tend to corroborate Naughright more than Manning. The failure of Manning’s lawyers to take Saxon’s deposition becomes even more puzzling in light of the appearance that his testimony breaks the tie in Naughright’s favor.

Then there’s this: PFT has learned that Naughright’s lawyers scheduled, on July 15, 2003, a deposition of Saxon for December 15, 2003. On December 3, 2003 (roughly a month after a judge ruled that the case would proceed to trial), Naughright’s lawyers canceled the deposition.

It’s unclear why Manning’s lawyers didn’t promptly attempt to get Saxon under oath in advance of trial, or why they didn’t previously file a cross-notice of deposition, which arguably would have prevented Naughright’s lawyers from canceling the deposition unilaterally. It ultimately didn’t matter, because the case settled at mediation three weeks after Saxon’s deposition was canceled.

Without Saxon’s testimony, it’s impossible to fully resolve the dispute between Naughright’s version and Manning’s version. There’s enough from the testimony and the circumstances, however, to permit a reasonable person to conclude that Manning did something far more than moon Saxon.

Which means that we’ve finally reached the point where there’s enough evidence to allow educated opinions to be made about what did and didn’t happen, even though we’ll never know what happened with the kind of clarity that would have existed if Saxon had spoken.

There’s a chance he still will. Although Saxon has declined recent media requests, he’s the only one of the trio not bound by the confidentiality provisions of the settlement agreement between Naughright and Manning.

ProFootballTalk

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!