An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Drama queens must check their tiaras at the door.
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 pm

The law gives Woody Allen the presumption of innocence.

I don't.

Dylan Farrow wrote:What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me.

[a very sad tell of abuse between]

What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?

So imagine your seven-year-old daughter being led into an attic by Woody Allen. Imagine she spends a lifetime stricken with nausea at the mention of his name. Imagine a world that celebrates her tormenter.

Are you imagining that? Now, what’s your favorite Woody Allen movie?
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/0 ... blogs&_r=0

When he married Soon Yi, we all knew. Some played apologist. Why? Why!?

Woody is an artist and fellow artists want to sing his praises. I understand that.

If the world were right they'd be sending those tunes to some jail cell somewhere.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25300
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2627 times
Been thanked: 2643 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Pyrrho wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html


Very good article. I particularly enjoyed:

One of the witnesses who testified on Polanski’s behalf was Mia Farrow, who, I’m told, remains friendly with the director to this day. I commend her for standing by her friend and going on record as a character witness. That’s what friends do. In fact, her support of Polanski is so steadfast that when he won the Oscar for best director for his 2002 masterpiece, The Pianist, Mia never even suggested that the Motion Picture Academy showed contempt for all abuse survivors in so honoring him. But then again, those were the days before Twitter.


There are Cunts involved in this. I do not pretend to know who they are.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25300
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2627 times
Been thanked: 2643 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:35 pm

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/arch ... rrow199211

I don't know one way or the other. Woody Allen denied the charges back in 1992, but then again, molesters often delude themselves into believing that what they are doing is not molestation.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25300
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2627 times
Been thanked: 2643 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 pm

...and then there is...

http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/02/23/r ... rdict.html

Mr. Allen's lawyers have maintained that the charges were concocted by Ms. Farrow out of anger over Mr. Allen's affair with her adoptive daughter, Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, who is now 22 years old.

Justice Wilk, however, had few unkind words for Ms. Farrow, whom he commended as a caring and loving mother who had tried to protect her children from what he characterized as Mr. Allen's manipulativeness and insensitivity. "Ms. Farrow's principal shortcoming with respect to responsible parenting appears to have been her continued relationship with Mr. Allen," he wrote.

On the other hand, Justice Wilk portrayed Mr. Allen as devious, hurtful and unreliable, a father who did not know the names of his son's teachers -- or even which children shared which bedrooms in Ms. Farrow's apartment. Mr. Allen lived in a separate apartment on the other side of Central Park.

Referring to what Dylan's own psychotherapist called Mr. Allen's inappropriately intense behavior toward the little girl, the justice said it was unclear whether Mr. Allen could ever develop "the insight and judgment necessary for him to relate to Dylan appropriately."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Pyrrho wrote:...and then there is...

http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/02/23/r ... rdict.html

Mr. Allen's lawyers have maintained that the charges were concocted by Ms. Farrow out of anger over Mr. Allen's affair with her adoptive daughter, Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, who is now 22 years old.

Justice Wilk, however, had few unkind words for Ms. Farrow, whom he commended as a caring and loving mother who had tried to protect her children from what he characterized as Mr. Allen's manipulativeness and insensitivity. "Ms. Farrow's principal shortcoming with respect to responsible parenting appears to have been her continued relationship with Mr. Allen," he wrote.

On the other hand, Justice Wilk portrayed Mr. Allen as devious, hurtful and unreliable, a father who did not know the names of his son's teachers -- or even which children shared which bedrooms in Ms. Farrow's apartment. Mr. Allen lived in a separate apartment on the other side of Central Park.

Referring to what Dylan's own psychotherapist called Mr. Allen's inappropriately intense behavior toward the little girl, the justice said it was unclear whether Mr. Allen could ever develop "the insight and judgment necessary for him to relate to Dylan appropriately."


The entire finding and ruling from which that quote originated is here
www.vanityfair.com/dam/2014/02/woody-al ... y-suit.pdf

It is an emotionally hard read.

Ms. Farrow is certainly not blameless, but mostly only for the reason you quoted.

After reading it, it is hard for me to come to any other conclusion than Mr. Allen needs to be horsewhipped. Repeatedly. And never allowed anywhere near children.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:44 pm

How many children has he actually molested?

And, no, his wife was not "his child" nor was she ever a "child" when he started dating her.

These cases suck because it is very difficult to determine what happened. The appalling nature of these crimes demand justice . . . if they happened. Otherwise a great injustice is done to the falsely accused.

Dylan's testimony is no more believable than those from Fells' Acres and other made-up molestation cases, nor is it less believable than actual, provable molestation cases.

Therein lies the rub.

Now, excuse me, Boss Paul says my dirt is in Boss Keane's ditch again. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Doctor X wrote:How many children has he actually molested?


How many does it take? I'm convinced he molested Dylan, and so too I think was the judge. It is true it cannot be now proven. Only 'grossly inappropriate' was actually proven. It is important to note that Ms. Farrow was not the one that initiated the claim regarding Dylan. It was independently witnessed and reported. He was, in fact, caught red-handed, or at least enough 'in the act' to convince me that Dylan's claims are true.

And, no, his wife was not "his child" nor was she ever a "child" when he started dating her.


The fact that he 'dated' her at all, at any age, is also grossly inappropriate. He played a paternal role in her life, even if very poorly.
Image
He was the acting spouse of her mother, and she the real sister of his children.
The Dylan issue aside, for that alone he needs to be horsewhipped.

User avatar
Cloverlief
Posts: 5022
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Here, there or somewhere
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Cloverlief » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Doctor X wrote:How many children has he actually molested?


How many does it take? I'm convinced he molested Dylan, and so too I think was the judge. It is true it cannot be now proven. Only 'grossly inappropriate' was actually proven. It is important to note that Ms. Farrow was not the one that initiated the claim regarding Dylan. It was independently witnessed and reported. He was, in fact, caught red-handed, or at least enough 'in the act' to convince me that Dylan's claims are true.

And, no, his wife was not "his child" nor was she ever a "child" when he started dating her.


The fact that he 'dated' her at all, at any age, is also grossly inappropriate. He played a paternal role in her life, even if very poorly.
Image
He was the acting spouse of her mother, and she the real sister of his children.
The Dylan issue aside, for that alone he needs to be horsewhipped.


Exactly!

He was in a father figure role and he took advantage of that power and authority.

In conjunction with the Dylan thing, it appears he has a history of taking advantage of children in his care.
Chani

User avatar
Pyrrho
Posts: 25300
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:17 am
Title: Man in Black
Location: Division 6
Has thanked: 2627 times
Been thanked: 2643 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:...and then there is...

http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/02/23/r ... rdict.html

Mr. Allen's lawyers have maintained that the charges were concocted by Ms. Farrow out of anger over Mr. Allen's affair with her adoptive daughter, Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, who is now 22 years old.

Justice Wilk, however, had few unkind words for Ms. Farrow, whom he commended as a caring and loving mother who had tried to protect her children from what he characterized as Mr. Allen's manipulativeness and insensitivity. "Ms. Farrow's principal shortcoming with respect to responsible parenting appears to have been her continued relationship with Mr. Allen," he wrote.

On the other hand, Justice Wilk portrayed Mr. Allen as devious, hurtful and unreliable, a father who did not know the names of his son's teachers -- or even which children shared which bedrooms in Ms. Farrow's apartment. Mr. Allen lived in a separate apartment on the other side of Central Park.

Referring to what Dylan's own psychotherapist called Mr. Allen's inappropriately intense behavior toward the little girl, the justice said it was unclear whether Mr. Allen could ever develop "the insight and judgment necessary for him to relate to Dylan appropriately."


The entire finding and ruling from which that quote originated is here
http://www.vanityfair.com/dam/2014/02/w ... y-suit.pdf

It is an emotionally hard read.

Ms. Farrow is certainly not blameless, but mostly only for the reason you quoted.

After reading it, it is hard for me to come to any other conclusion than Mr. Allen needs to be horsewhipped. Repeatedly. And never allowed anywhere near children.

Holy shit, that family was royally fucked up.

Judging by the content of that document, it seems prudent to keep him away from children.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 am

Rob Lister wrote:
Doctor X wrote:How many children has he actually molested?


How many does it take?


More than zero.

I'm convinced. . . .


What you are "convinced of" or "fooled by" is irrelvant to the lack of evidence.

. . . and so too I think was the judge.


Which is why he did not act as if he did. Nevertheless, as a judge in a divorce case he behaved, to be charitable, credulously in favor of Farrow. This does not mean Allen is not a bastard, but Farrow is no saint.

Now about Farrow supporting a proven child molester:

Image

Anyone?

Crickets?

It is true it cannot be now proven.


It could not be proven then. It is further clear that you did not read the linked article, else you would not make such emotional pleas against his dating a woman.

And . . . that is that. You have nothing other than self-righteous indignation and appeals to sympathy and ignorance.

Such may be sincere and understandable but it remains nothing to hang a man on.

This guy, however:

Image

is guilty.

Mia Farrow does not seem to mind.

Now, produce evidence to convict Allen and I will join the Angry Mob.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Doctor X wrote:What you are "convinced of" or "fooled by" is irrelvant to the lack of evidence.


Someone is being fooled here. Not sure it is me. Again, he was caught red-handed by third parties. Or should I say, red-faced, on page 11.

Image

I can only speculate, but I bet he has those panties to this day.

Now about Farrow supporting a proven child molester:...

Anyone?

Crickets?


Mia is a straw women. But I don't hold her blameless. Hell, she supported Allen when she knew his relationship with Dylan was 'inappropriate' to use her terms, so it doesn't surprise me she would support some far-off pedophile as well. So, in summary of knocking down that strawman, She had pretty clear signs that Mr. Allen was a predator (top of page four of the opinion) yet she continued to allow Mr. Allen near her children. That was the opinion of the judge as well (already quoted).

It could not be proven then.


Grossly Inappropriate was proven to the judge's satisfaction. I'll concede that there was no medical evidence of actual rape, actual penetration. That doesn't make him less the child molester, less the pedophile. Only more careful.

It is further clear that you did not read the linked article,...


Actually I did read it, but I had an advantage you seem to lack in that I also read the full, non-emotional opinion of the presiding judge as well. Did you? I suspect the guy that wrote the article did, because he expertly talked around it rather than to it.

...else you would not make such emotional pleas against his dating a woman.


Not just any woman, doc.
Image
If you think that is okay, so be it.

But it is not about Soon and Woody. It's about Dylan.

Image

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Someone is being fooled here. Not sure it is me.


Which is progress from your previous certitude.

Mia is a straw women.


Ipse dixit but incorrect. It proves rather relevant that she exhibits the ability to excuse a pedophile she likes. Further, children can be coached into making what we consider unbelievable accusations. I am not "certain" that she did; I merely warn of the real possibility absent evidence. I further warn against considering evidence "credible" from a woman who so easily dismisses rape when she likes the perpetrator.

That was the opinion of the judge as well (already quoted).


Your judge, however, is fallacious. As a "finder of fact" his only credential was his position. He introduced too much personal opinion backed by nothing. Welcome to divorce cases.

Grossly Inappropriate was proven to the judge's satisfaction.


That and $3.50 will get you a mocha.

I'll concede that there was no medical evidence of actual rape, actual penetration.


Curious that.

That is rather that.

I suspect the guy that wrote the article did, because he expertly talked around it rather than to it.


He recognized what you just conceded: the judge made a finding based on no evidence.

Not just any woman, doc.
Image
If you think that is okay, so be it.


Whether or not I think it is "okay" or you think it is "okay" does not alter the fact she was an adult and remains married to him as an adult.

But it is not about Soon and Woody. It's about Dylan.


About that strawwoman?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:Someone is being fooled here. Not sure it is me.


Which is progress from your previous certitude.


My degree of certainty has not changed.

lister wrote:Mia is a straw women.

doc wrote:Ipse dixit but incorrect. It proves rather relevant that she exhibits the ability to excuse a pedophile she likes.


Indeed. Mr. Woody being one of them prior to the more incontrovertible evidence staring her in the face. If you wish to speak of her state of mind, fine.

Image

She allowed him access after that? Why yes. But is there evidence other than her own testimony that she was concerned at an earlier date? Why yes again. We have the testimony of Dr. Coats to whom she spoke about her concerns.


Further, children can be coached into making what we consider unbelievable accusations. I am not "certain" that she did; I merely warn of the real possibility absent evidence.


Are we asking Dylan to prove she wasn't coached or brainwashed? Dylan maintains to this day that she was not. Dylan maintains it now and the judge certainly didn't think so then.

Image

I further warn against considering evidence "credible" from a woman who so easily dismisses rape when she likes the perpetrator.


You keep coming back to that as if it helps his case somehow. It doesn't.

Your judge, however, is fallacious. As a "finder of fact" his only credential was his position. He introduced too much personal opinion backed by nothing. Welcome to divorce cases.


It wasn't a divorce case, it was a child custody case brought by Mr. Woody in light of the accusations. Which Mr. Woody robustly lost. The Judge heard all the testimony and all the witnesses and had the duty to rule upon it. Did the author of your article have that 'credential'? This clearly needs repeating:

Image

Personal opinion back by nothing? I admire the judge for his constraint.


Doc wrote:
Lister wrote:Not just any woman, doc.
Image
If you think that is okay, so be it.


Whether or not I think it is "okay" or you think it is "okay" does not alter the fact she was an adult and remains married to him as an adult.


Indeed. Nothing illegal about that. Married to his children's sister. How romantic.

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:24 pm

And here's another open letter from Dylan Farrow

I'm quite sure she won't mind my quoting her exactly

Dylan Farrow wrote:Once again, Woody Allen is attacking me and my family in an effort to discredit and silence me - but nothing he says or writes can change the truth. For 20 years, I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life.

His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years. He insists my mother brought criminal charges - in fact, it was a pediatrician who reported the incident to the police based on my firsthand account. He suggests that no one complained of his misconduct prior to his assault on me - court documents show that he was in treatment for what his own therapist described as "inappropriate" behavior with me from as early as 1991. He offers a carefully worded claim that he passed a lie detector test - in fact, he refused to take the test administered by the state police (he hired someone to administer his own test, which authorities refused to accept as evidence). These and other misrepresentations have been rebutted in more detail by independent, highly respected journalists, including this most recent article here.

With all the attempts to misrepresent the facts, it is important to be reminded of the truth contained in court documents from the only final ruling in this case, by the New York Supreme Court in 1992. In denying my father all access to me, that court:

    Debunked the "experts" my father claims exonerated him, calling them "colored by their loyalty to Mr. Allen", criticizing the author of their report (who never met me) for destroying all supporting documentation, and calling their conclusions "sanitized and therefore less credible".

    Included testimony from babysitters who witnessed inappropriate sexual behavior by my father toward me.

    Found that "there is no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen's contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi. Mr. Allen's resort to the stereotypical 'woman scorned' defense is an injudicious attempt to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult."
    Concluded that the evidence "...proves that Mr. Allen's behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her."

    Finally, the Connecticut State prosecutor found "probable cause" to prosecute, but made the decision not to in an effort to protect "the child victim", given my fragile state.

From the bottom of my heart, I will be forever grateful for the outpouring of support I have received from survivors and countless others. If speaking out about my experience can help others stand up to their tormentors, it will be worth the pain and suffering my father continues to inflict on me. Woody Allen has an arsenal of lawyers and publicists but the one thing he does not have on his side is the truth. I hope this is the end of his vicious attacks and of the media campaign by his lawyers and publicists, as he's promised. I won't let the truth be buried and I won't be silenced.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/08/showbiz/d ... -response/
Last edited by Rob Lister on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:Someone is being fooled here. Not sure it is me.


Which is progress from your previous certitude.


My degree of certainty has not changed.


Then you are, in a way, Image

The bottom line is you have no basis for certainty. Granted, what some slob thinks on the Interwebz do not matter in the Real World [Pat. Pend.--Ed.]. However, there is a reason we do not allow emotion to judge events.

Are we asking Dylan to prove she wasn't coached or brainwashed?


Those who make accusations have to establish they are telling the truth, yes.

Dylan maintains to this day that she was not.


Reread both your sentences and you may recognize the problem.

the judge certainly didn't think so then.


His reliability remains in question. He was not a "finder of fact." Do not elevate him to some sort of god.

You keep coming back to that as if it helps his case somehow. It doesn't.


It sinks her reliability. Not terribly complicated.

Personal opinion back by nothing?


If there was "something" he would have been and should have been charged.

I admire the judge for his constraint.


The ease of gaining your admiration has been noted previously.

Married to his children's sister. How romantic.


She was not their sister. Further you continue Image.

That you or anyone else "don't wike it"--yet tolerate Farrow's continued defense of a pedophile for some reason--is not a basis for concluding fact anymore than "not wiking" homosexual sex is a basis for concluding homosexuals are pedophiles.

The bottom line is you have nothing but emotional opinions--which includes your Personal Lord and Savior the judge. He had and admitted he had no corroborating evidence. Custody and divorce trials are not conducted with the standard of evidence expected in a criminal case. Another "God" of a judge awarded children to a mother who promptly murdered them. This is not a science.

Absence of corroborating evidence we are left in that most heinous state of "he said" "she said." There is a reasonable explanation for both sides: Allen raped her/she was influenced to believe he did. There are tons of examples of both. Worse, with the later, it is not simply a matter of a rotten kid trying to "get back" with a parent/teacher--they sincerely believe. I would recommend a review of some successful suits of psychiatrists who ruined a few families with "memories."

If there be "Cunts" here--as I noted previously--it would be Farrow for doing that or Allen for doing that.

You will, I am sure, note that I have not defended Allen. I do not know--nor pretend to know--what happened. I also know that you do not know. Oh you are "convinced" because your emotions convince you with understandable righteous indignation. I prefer not to hang a man based on what "convinces" you or anyone else absence of evidence. Your running about citing irrelevances which actually undercut your opinion: like he is still married to a rather now quite bloody adult woman and there are no other suspicions because, you know, pedophiles are just, you know, one-time criminals rather suggest you recognize the solidity of your convictions.

I have merely demonstrated that the "cut and dried" version you heralded is neither cut nor dried. Does not mean it is "wrong." Unlike you, I require evidences--thanks--for conviction.

Image

"And that is all I have to say."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Lister wrote:My degree of certainty has not changed.


Then you are, in a way, Image


I've moved no posts. See the first two sentences of this thread.

The bottom line is you have no basis for certainty. Granted, what some slob thinks on the Interwebz do not matter in the Real World [Pat. Pend.--Ed.]. However, there is a reason we do not allow emotion to judge events.


I have the basis of the finding of fact, by the judge, after a hearing, after witness testimony--specifically eye-witness testimony--after consideration, after ruling, and after Dylan's own words both then and now. I would say I have plenty of basis.

doc wrote:
lister wrote:Are we asking Dylan to prove she wasn't coached or brainwashed?


Those who make accusations have to establish they are telling the truth, yes.


That has been well established as a finding of fact based not in small part on eye-witness testimony by third parties.

So then, it is Mr. Woody that must so establish she was coached, was brainwashed, and he.has.not. The judge found the assertion to not be credible. I wonder, was the baby-sitter also brainwashed and coached?

doc wrote:His reliability remains in question.


Not to me. I see nothing that puts his reliability in question.

He was not a "finder of fact." Do not elevate him to some sort of god.


Image


doc wrote:
Lister wrote:You keep coming back to that as if it helps his case somehow. It doesn't.


It sinks her reliability. Not terribly complicated.


I do not care about the reliability of strawman.

doc wrote:
lister wrote:Personal opinion back by nothing?


If there was "something" he would have been and should have been charged.


I agree he should have been charged. See Dylan's statement above. Is she lying about that too?


doc wrote:She was not their sister.


Soon and Dylan are both the daughters of Mia. And Moses, their brother.

Image

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Image

"This is just a saga, now!"

Allow me, en passant to correct a major error: she was adopted. She was also 19. I know . . . no one likes facts to get in the way of a righteous lynching. Image

Nor is calling the rather relevant character of the accuser Farrow a "strawman" make it a strawman.

Just keep Image.

Should you ever discover any evidence I am sure everyone will welcome seeing it. Image

Image

"Check and Mate"

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19791
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Rob Lister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Doctor X wrote:"This is just a saga, now!"

Allow me, en passant to correct a major error: she was adopted. She was also 19.


Let's be a bit more precise because stated that way, it appears she was 19 when adopted.

Wiki wrote:Soon-Yi's precise age and birth date are not known, but a bone scan estimated her age as being between 5 and 7 years old at the time of her adoption


That's wiki, so feel free to second source it.

Nor is calling the rather relevant character of the accuser Farrow a "strawman" make it a strawman.


Your pointing to Mia's support for another pedophile was the strawman. I think it damning in a different way; it further demonstrates her willingness to turn a blind eye to most anything. At least until it pokes her in the eye and can no longer be 'therapy'ed away. So, yea, it is relevant to that.

Should you ever discover any evidence I am sure everyone will welcome seeing it.


The thread is bursting with it already.

But hell, let's let Woody tell us in his own words:

Woody Allen wrote:“I’m open-minded about sex. I’m not above reproach; if anything, I’m below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him. Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone. I admit to it all.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... story.html

Maybe he was just being glib.
Last edited by Rob Lister on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66383
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3182 times
Been thanked: 2010 times

Re: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Postby Doctor X » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Of your allowing your emotions to cloud your judgment absolutely.

But this is why we no longer hang people over emotions.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!


Return to “Humanities (History, Art, Literature, Music & Film)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 1 guest