Persona non grata du jour

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Persona non grata du jour

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Nyar:

FWIW, I am ignoring xouper (in a non-technological way) when he starts in on you, though not in general.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't give a shit about Self-discipline

I don't follow him around hurling insults at him every time he posts anything about anything. If he would simply afford me the same courtesy, I would be more than happy to ignore the fact that he even exists. He even went so far as to wrap an insult in a phoney compliment, apparently thinking I would be too stupid to recognize it for what it was. That's just kind of weird
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:51 am

On the contrary:

Choice the First: making snide comments on every little thing I post until I leave

How do you know he is making snide comments if you have him on Ignore?

Choice the Second: or at the very least cease to post entirely.

See above. Which leaves:

Choice the Third: actually Ignore him.

Otherwise, I fail to appreciate the benefit for continually granting him the attention you feel he craves.

It is not terribly complicated: in a situation where you Ignores someone who others find rational and who is making excellent points rationally demolishing your thoughts on spaying Mexicans, you will find too many posters quoting and agree with him.

That does not happen to be the case.

So rather you simply scroll past the empty spaces that are whatever the responses are.

Otherwise, you are still carrying the lady unlike the rest off us who discretely buried her in the riverbank.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:06 am

Doctor X wrote:On the contrary:

Choice the First: making snide comments on every little thing I post until I leave

How do you know he is making snide comments if you have him on Ignore?

I assume based on what he was doing BEFORE I was ignoring him. I assume it has not changed, at least not for the better. I suppose I could be wrong, but the odds are low enough that I have no interest in finding out

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 am

Then why keep bringing it up?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:32 am

Fair enough

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:54 am

--J.D.

xouper

Postby xouper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Because he is going to continue following me around, making snide comments on every little thing I post until I leave or at the very least cease to post entirely. Only I am not leaving because that is exactly what he wants. So we are at an impasse, because anything else that I do, is giving in to what he wants.

Bullshit.

As I already explained, it is not my intention to drive you out of this forum or to shut you up. When you post such falsehoods, it harms your credibility and undermines your complaints about me.

Nyarlathotep wrote:I don't follow him around hurling insults at him every time he posts anything about anything.

Nor do I follow you around hurling insults every time you post anything about anything. That is the kind of uncalled for hyperbole that makes you look like a raving lunatic.

But just for you I will include one more gratuitous insult (see below) just to give some partial legitimacy to your complaints.

Nyarlathotep wrote:He even went so far as to wrap an insult in a phoney compliment, apparently thinking I would be too stupid to recognize it for what it was. That's just kind of weird

The compliment was not phony. It was genuine.

But apparently your head is so far up your ass, you can no longer tell the difference.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:00 am

xouper wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Jesus fuck he’s relentless

Why should I relent?

Maybe you could stop posting stupid shit and then there wouldn't be anything for me to comment about?

Or maybe you could just stop reading my replies if they bother you that much. Continuing to whine about it makes no sense at all.

Or maybe you could go back to posting intelligent and reasonable stuff, which we all know you are fully capable of doing.

First.

cornfield.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

xouper

Postby xouper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 am

Doctor X wrote:Choice the Third: actually Ignore him.

Good advice.

If Ny would actually ignore me and stop talking trash about me, then I would not have any reason to reply. End of problem.

xouper

Postby xouper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:17 am

For Ny's sake I am willing to make a (small) compromise.

In order to save Ny the agony of getting any more notices that I have replied to his posts and make it easier for him to ignore me, I will not use the quote button when I wish to comment on something he posted. I will instead go to the extra trouble of creating a new and separate post and pasting in the little bits from Ny's post as necessary. I assume that will prevent notices being sent that someone has replied to his posts. And perhaps the extra effort required to do that will cause me to pause and reflect if all I have to offer is a snide comment or insult.

Fair enough?

Or is the consensus here that I should just go away?

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:24 am

Consensus? At SC?

:lmao:

xouper

Postby xouper » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:34 am

Seriously, how many people sending me to the cornfield is an indication that I'm on the wrong forum?

sparks

Postby sparks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 am

None I should say. As you recently pointed out, everyone here wants to be here and fuck the opinions of others on that point. If they want to cornfield you, all they have to do is click a button fer chrissakes.

As for numbers of people who have cornfielded you constituting that you're on the wrong forum, well, that's a determination that you'll have to make.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 am

xouper wrote:Seriously, how many people sending me to the cornfield is an indication that I'm on the wrong forum?

Right forum.

Relax.

Take a swim in Lake Ed

errr ..

Bask on the sores of lake ed

errr ...

Observe the wonders of Lake Ed from one of our many high and safe observation toxers

yeah.
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Collateral damage already.

People Trying to Harass Restaurant That Kicked Out Sanders Get the Wrong Red Hens
PJ Media

No actual body count yet.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Supposedly trending, but it could just as easily be a Republican dirty trick.

https://twitter.com/DanaWefer/status/10 ... 5803398144

Anyone heard of her?

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Have we crowned the Queen yet?

--J.D.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Protesters Confront McConnell on Immigration in Louisville

Several protesters reportedly called out Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on a Louisville street Saturday, demanding migrant families separated at the U.S. border be reunited and ICE disbanded.

McConnell joins a growing number of political figures tied to President Trump who have been confronted on the street in recent weeks. Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon found himself in a similar situation Saturday when he was called a “piece of trash” by a woman in a Virginia bookstore.

Shouting “Vote you out!” and “No comfort for fascists,” the group followed McConnell to his car after he’d had lunch with Kentucky's outgoing state House Majority Floor Leader Jonathan Shell. “Where are the children? Where are the babies, Mitch?” one demonstrator can be heard asking in a video of the incident posted online. “What are you doing to get the babies back?” another person asks. A man can also be heard yelling, “We know where you live” as McConnell gets into his car.

I wonder what would have happened had someone said that to Hillary when she was Secretary of State? Anyone think the FBI might have had a few words with them?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 am

WildCat wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Am I wrong?

Yes, ever since Trump you've been borderline mentally ill. Completely unreasonable, detached from reality. Unable to have a rational conversation about anything. You are everything you wrongly accuse everyone else of being.

Where did you get your mail-order degree in psychiatry?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”