Remember the FEMA camps conspiracy theories?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Remember the FEMA camps conspiracy theories?

Post by ed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm

Grammatron wrote:
ed wrote:
Grammatron wrote: If they operate within the system of laws and legislatures that we have set up then let them do whatever.
Would this be consistent with sharia law? C hanging our law to accommodate an alternative system is what I would consider to be a change in culture that is unacceptable.
If it's all civil contract then it would be no different than what Jews and Mormons (two examples off the top of my head) do already. If a state wants to add it to their laws through proper legislature and it's not unconstitutional then sure. If a group of states want to amend the constitution then sure, why not?
Absolutely right. Problem is that observant moslems know what allah wants. You ok with people being butthurt because burkas aren't worn by everyone? There are some that really do not care to assimilate. And that is a major prob. I'd vet every person who applies for residency. Make em take an oath.

I believe that our society is better than some others. I think that it is ok to say that. I think that it is necessary to say that actually.
- new minimalist ethos -

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Giz wrote:
Grammatron wrote: If a group of states want to amend the constitution then sure, why not?
Because there are two different principles:

1 - Constitutional amendments should follow due process

2 - Proposed amendments should be evaluated on both moral and practical grounds

Amendments to change the constitution to enable sharia, or re-legalize slavery etc, may be able to pass (1) but would fail (2).
Maybe, maybe not. You're asking me to imagine a hypothetical situation where there is enough population and a government that wants to implement it. That society is drastically different from our current one. But so is America in 1800's so who knows, it may come to pass one day, I don't know because I can't predict the future.

If people want to campaign on this, they are welcome to it, but they should not be shocked when they fail.
Couple of facts: uneducated fuckers breed like rabbits. Uneducated fuckers are often religious, maybe very religious. Open the borders up and what do you think things will look like in 50 years?
Conservative catholics and conservative moslems.

Actually, the new constitution might be equally acceptable to both. No fags, women subservient to their husbands, no divorce, no abortion, arranged marriages, a loosening of pedophilia laws.

If they can swing constitutional amendments, why not. And, incidentally, there is no uber mensch overseeing #2, it is what the population wants.
- new minimalist ethos -

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:58 pm

ed wrote:Couple of facts: uneducated fuckers breed like rabbits. Uneducated fuckers are often religious, maybe very religious. Open the borders up and what do you think things will look like in 50 years?
Like 1900's?
Conservative catholics and conservative moslems.

Actually, the new constitution might be equally acceptable to both. No fags, women subservient to their husbands, no divorce, no abortion, arranged marriages, a loosening of pedophilia laws.
So far 1900's.
If they can swing constitutional amendments, why not. And, incidentally, there is no uber mensch overseeing #2, it is what the population wants.
I do believe that's how we got prohibition amendment

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Grammatron wrote:
WildCat wrote: If you want to live in another culture then perhaps you should consider moving to Guatemala or Venezuela or China or whatever country suits your political ideology.
I would not agree with that philosophy. USA is large enough where you can have a hippie commune, sprawling for hundreds of acres yet also have Wall Street. If they operate within the system of laws and legislatures that we have set up then let them do whatever. Remember, there's nothing in the constitution that prevents people from lobbying against its very demise.

IMO the trouble starts when a group decides their ideals/philosophy/politics is more import than the system and the legislative process and try using anarchy and revolution to achiever their goals.
I agree with that, but unfortunately RCC belongs to the latter group. He doesn't even believe the USA has the right to be a sovereign nation.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:54 pm

ed wrote:Couple of facts: uneducated fuckers breed like rabbits. Uneducated fuckers are often religious, maybe very religious. Open the borders up and what do you think things will look like in 50 years?
Uneducated fuckers etc even when born in the good old USA with ancestors going back to colonial times (and even claiming to have a little bit of Injun in them).

So it boils down to what flavor of marching moron you prefer.

As a scientific rationalist, atheist, homo, and above all educated up the wazoo, I call it natural selection. :P
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale