What to do when kid is grown up and won't move out of the house.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: What to do when kid is grown up and won't move out of the house.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Update: Although he was living with his parents, he was in fact ...

Judge: Evicted son Michael Rotondo faces jail if he doesn't get job to support child
The Post Standard (Syracuse, NY)
Syracuse, NY -- An Onondaga County Family Court judge today warned evicted son Michael Rotondo that he could go to jail if he doesn't find a job so he can pay child support.

Judge Julie Cecile found Rotondo, 30, in willful violation of an order that he pay $56 a week to support his 8-year-old son. Today's appearance, attended by Rotondo and the lawyer for his son's mother, revolved exclusively around Rotondo's $2,600 in back child support.

Cecile said state law allowed her to order able-bodied people to find jobs so they can support their children until age 21. His $56-a-week is based on the assumption that he could make $400 a week on the job market.

"The law requires you to be employed," she told Rotondo.

Rotondo, who lost custody of his child in 2017, has claimed poor person status in multiple appeals to his custody case. He has said that his job right now is getting custody back of his son.

But the mother's lawyer, Dana Grillo, today demanded to know where $3,000 that Rotondo got for appearing on Alex Jones's InfoWars was. Rotondo said he needed it to pay rent and get food.

Emphasis added.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Re: What to do when kid is grown up and won't move out of the house.

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 pm

There are sensational click worthy deadbeat cases, to be sure. But if there is a real trend I would expect it to be correlated more with economy.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2