#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by gnome » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Grammatron wrote:I do not perceive Pence to be so religious. I guess that me be why I do not see him as dangerous. Someone like Moore is dangerous because of the zealotry he exhibits every chance he gets. I don't see Pence as such.
There is a spectrum of sorts, and Moore is definitely on the extreme side. But based on looking at his policy support, Pence is not far behind. Maybe he could be compared to Santorum? (though I'm not quite sure I'd wish that on him)
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am

Rose McGowan's ex-manager dies by suicide; family blames McGowan, Harvey Weinstein, media
A rather sad addendum to #metoo...
Jill Messick, the ex-manager of Rose McGowan who got caught up in McGowan's toxic struggle with accused sexual predator Harvey Weinstein, killed herself Wednesday. Her family blames McGowan, Weinstein and "sensationalistic" media, in a statement issued Thursday.
Messick's name was dragged into the scandal headlines on Jan. 30, when Weinstein's attorney, Ben Brafman, released an email attributed to Messick — but without her consent — in which she seemed to defend Weinstein's argument that his encounter with McGowan was consensual.

In Messick's family's statement, they describe her as a supporter of the Me Too movement, who was "broken" by seeing her name in the headlines surrounding the McGowan/Weinstein battle.

Weinstein's lawyers quoted from an email from Messick to defend him last month. The email said that McGowan told Messick she consensually got into a hot tub with Weinstein and later regretted it. Weinstein has denied the rape allegations.
Seriously, that was it?
The family said Messick believed she had been slandered by McGowan, but chose not to come forward and defend herself for fear of undermining other women from coming forward on the issue.

"She opted not to add to the feeding frenzy, allowing her name and her reputation to be sullied despite having done nothing wrong," the statement said, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which published it in full.
Link to statement here.

It seems the best way to deal with slander is to go "scorched earth" against the slanderer....being a nice guy (or nice gal) may not work out very well...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Update: Assemblywoman at forefront of #MeToo movement accused of sexual misconduct
Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, chair of the Legislative Women’s Caucus who has been at the forefront of the movement against sexual harassment in the state Capitol, has herself become the subject of allegations of sexual misconduct. The Bell Gardens Democrat said she would “participate fully” in an investigation.
“I have consistently voiced my strong opinion that any legislator under investigation by either the Assembly or Senate should take an immediate leave of absence until the review is completed,” Leyva said in a statement. “As Vice Chair of the Women’s Caucus, I will be asking that the membership of the Caucus meet in the very near future to discuss the fate of Assemblymember Cristina Garcia as Women’s Caucus Chair.”
You mean she wasn't forced encouraged to resign, or to "spend more time with her family" or some such other bullshit?
“The Legislature must establish a confidential reporting mechanism, with due process for accusers and the accused, early intervention and restoration for the entire community," the group said.
I love that! A confidential reporting mechanism, with due process (when a women is accused)....

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Heather Locklear

#metoo

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:23 am

Monica Lewinsky.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm

'She offered to withdraw her claims if I paid her millions. I refused'

#metoo, unless you want to pay me to go away....
Ryan Seacrest has issued a fresh denial of allegations he sexually assaulted his stylist and claims she asked him for money in return for her silence.
'This person who has accused me of horrible things offered, on multiple occasions, to withdraw her claims if I paid her millions of dollars. I refused,' the TV host told the Hollywood Reporter.
Q: Is there a police report?
A: not so far...

Well then it is probably bullshit, and probably time to sue, go scorched earth Ryan.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:39 am

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:51 am

Seacrest will be walking into the lion’s den at Oscars carpet
In the wake of the #MeToo movement, the red carpet has gone from pretty dresses to a political battleground — and Seacrest is public enemy No. 1. On Monday, less than one week before the Academy Awards, Variety ran an exclusive article detailing the E! host’s alleged sexual harassment of his former stylist Suzie Hardy from 2007 to 2013. Among other charges, Hardy claims that Seacrest groped her, slapped her behind so hard it left a welt still visible hours later and forced her head into his crotch multiple times while she tied the TV star’s shoes.

On Feb. 1, E! announced that the network was standing by Seacrest after an independent investigation into Hardy’s claims absolved him. But with new details now out in public, industry insiders are wondering how Seacrest can possibly survive the Oscars — the biggest red-carpet event of the year — in an age where who you stand by is more important than who you’re wearing.
Has anyone found anything to indicate a police report has been filed, anywhere by the victim accuser Suzie Hardy?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 am

For anyone who listens to podcasts, the latest episode of This American Life is pretty good.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/640/five-women

Here's what it's about:

Five Women Are Accusing A Top Left-Leaning Media Executive Of Sexually Harassing Them

The publication is called AlterNet, you may have heard of it.

I like the bit where he's screaming at a woman "How Dare You Say That? I'm The Most Feminist Man There Is!!! And You Know It!!!"
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 am

What's that phrase Doc X is so fond of? A behavior, not a title?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:00 am

Not naming him--Don Hazen--in the headlines is the behavior of a Twat.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:17 am

It might be because his name isn't exactly a household name (I wouldn't have recognized it before now).

A different story does name him in the headline, fwiw:

Several Women Accuse Progressive Media Executive Don Hazen Of Sexual Harassment

He was the top editor at AlterNet, and before that he was the publisher of Mother Jones.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:40 am

I had heard of him.

#FairReportingofLiberalScum.

Meanwhile . . . in ESPN:

#Chris Berman

So his irritating blather of "back-back-back-back" came from his female coworkers?

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 am

#MeToo is also a thing in other countries:

South Korean Presidential Prospect Quits Over #MeToo Rape Claims
A promising politician who had ambitions of becoming South Korea’s next president resigned Tuesday after his secretary accused him of raping her.

Ahn Hee-jung, 52, the governor of South Chungcheong province who last year was runner-up against Moon Jae-in to become the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, has become the latest high-profile figure to fall in the #MeToo movement quickly spreading across the male-dominated society.

His departure came a day after the secretary, Kim Ji-eun, made the accusation on a TV news show. She told local cable channel JTBC late Monday that Ahn raped her four times over the past eight months. While Ahn hasn’t explicitly confirmed or denied the allegations, the police are investigating.

“The governor called me in late at night recently and looked uneasy when he brought up the #MeToo movement issue. He said he learned from the movement that what he did hurt me and apologized,” Kim told the program. “I thought he wouldn’t do it that night, but he did it again. It was Feb. 25.”

While Ahn’s office initially said he had consensual sexual relations with Kim, Ahn himself later characterized that explanation as “faulty.” The politician said in a Facebook post that he was responsible and was sorry for the pain his “foolish behavior” had caused Kim. He said he would resign from the post he has served in for more than seven years and suspended all political activities.

The fall of Ahn, a politician who had been seen by analysts as a strong candidate to take over from Moon after his five-year term ends in 2022, comes three months before the president’s first electoral test in polls to pick local governors and mayors. The scandal may come to bite Moon, who has urged stronger action against a growing number of sexual abuse cases in the country.
In Japan:
#MeToo May Have Finally Reached Corporate Japan
Food exec made sexually explicit remarks to an airline worker
NH Foods president, present during the exchange, steps down

The #MeToo movement may have finally made its way to corporate Japan, as the president of a blue chip company resigned after a subordinate he was travelling with made sexually explicit remarks to an airline employee.

The junior executive from NH Foods Ltd., a Nikkei 225-listed company with more than 15,000 workers, resigned last month, as did President Juichi Suezawa. Suezawa was present at an exchange between the subordinate and an airline worker at Haneda airport in October, and while he was not directly involved, local media linked his resignation to complaints over the comments.

The junior executive, who had been drinking, is said to have asked the airline employee explicit questions about her sex life at an airport lounge, according to media reports. She reported the remarks to her superior, which led to the airline filing a complaint to NH Foods.

Osaka-based NH Foods is a household name in Japan as a maker of bacon and sausages, as well as the owner of the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, the baseball team where Shohei Otani and Yu Darvish rose to fame. Suezawa’s resignation in January was attributed to "personal reasons," with the background only coming to light after a local magazine report last week.

A spokesman at the company, who declined to be identified citing internal policy, said that the executive made inappropriate comments, and that Suezawa was present but didn’t partake in the exchange. The spokesman denounced the remarks, calling them "very regrettable" and "offensive" to women, though he wouldn’t elaborate on the contents of the exchange. The spokesman also wouldn’t comment on the resignations beyond the Jan. 29 statement, and didn’t identify the junior executive or the airline.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 am

So Japanese corporations are slowly advancing into the 1990s?

--J.D.

P.S. When did rape every disqualify anyone for President?

P.P.S. Too soon?

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Monty Python Member Says #MeToo Movement Turned Hollywood Into ‘the Mob’
By Carolyn Twersky
There has already been some backlash to the #MeToo movement, and more is undoubtedly to come. On Friday, director and member of Monty Python, Terry Gilliam, spoke to AFP about his thoughts on the movement, saying, “It’s like when mob rule takes over, the mob is out there they are carrying their torches and they are going to burn down Frankenstein’s castle.”

Gillam clarified that he thinks Harvey Weinstein “is a monster,” but feels that “a night with Harvey” is the “price you pay” for furthering your career. “I think some people did very well out of meeting with Harvey and others didn’t,” said the director. “The ones who did knew what they were doing. These are adults, we are talking about adults with a lot of ambition.”

Gilliam continued his victim blaming, saying, ”It’s how you deal with power — people have got to take responsibility for their own selves.”
There they go with "victim" again...
That (I believe ed said) "assumes facts not in evidence..."

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Another anticdote, if anyone is keeping count....

Man Killed Himself after False Rape Claim Despite ‘Texts That Proved His Innocence’
Ross Bullock, was 38-years-old, when he killed himself after his accuser, who cannot be named for legal reasons, made allegations of rape against him.

Bullock denied the accusations and had kept text messages between the two as evidence of consensual sexual intercourse.
Despite being let go, the police warned him he could be charged at a later date and following a ‘year of torment’, he left a note saying he had ‘hit rock bottom’ and wanted to be ‘free from this living hell’.

He hung himself on March 2016.
His parents are now considering filing a civil action lawsuit against West Mercia Police. They are also demanding the accuser – who was allegedly in another relationship when she and Bullock – a forklift truck driver from Redditch, Worcestershire – had sex, to be charged. According to the Daily Mail she is currently under investigation for perverting the course of justice.
Yea well...another shining moment for the CPS....

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Metropolitan Police ditches practice of believing all victims

Well, they still are calling them 'victims' however, this is perhaps a step in the right direction...
Britain’s biggest police force has abandoned its policy of automatically believing victims after a series of flawed inquiries into alleged sex crimes, The Times can reveal.

Cressida Dick, the Metropolitan Police commissioner, said she had told officers they must have an open mind when an allegation is made and that their role was to investigate, not blindly believe.

“You start with a completely open mind, absolutely,” she said. “It is very important to victims to feel that they are going to be believed. Our default position is we are, of course, likely to believe you but we are investigators and we have to investigate.”
Investigate?
What a novel idea....

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:05 pm

The problem with a slogan like "believe the victims" is that the term "believe" can cover many kinds of behavior, and from different levels of authority. What you'd ask your closest friend to do is different from what you'd ask the police to do.

From an authority standpoint, I think "believe" means to presume long enough to begin investigating, that the person is coming forward in good faith. That may prove untrue during investigation -- they may be lying, mistaken, have impaired perception of the situation--but to me the presumption is not a judgement on the accused--just an assurance that an accusation will get a fair hearing.
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 pm

People who say "believe the victims" tend to mean it like people who say "believe the Bible".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale