Wells Fargo

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grammatron

Re: Wells Fargo

Postby Grammatron » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:00 pm

gnome wrote:Would a court recognize a causal relationship between unrealistic targets and dishonest actions taken to fulfill them? I worry the only chance is if someone slipped up and made their expectations explicit.

There will be a settlement before it gets that deep into courts.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:Would a court recognize a causal relationship between unrealistic targets and dishonest actions taken to fulfill them? I worry the only chance is if someone slipped up and made their expectations explicit.

There will be a settlement before it gets that deep into courts.

I don't know Grammatron, this is a criminal case, being driven (perhaps) by political ambition...so, we'll see.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Former Wells Fargo Employees Join Class Action Lawsuit

In the ongoing scandal engulfing Wells Fargo, the bank says it fired wrongdoers. But some workers say they were trying to blow the whistle and that Wells Fargo fired them.

Its an audio story, and after listening to it,
I would like to see WF hanged out to dry.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:03 am

Update: here is the story link Workers Say Wells Fargo Unfairly Scarred Their Careers

Given his outspoken criticism of the unethical sales practices in the branch where he worked, Jeremy says, he couldn't believe it when in late 2008, his manager called him into his office. There was someone from HR there too. And Jeremy says he was told basically he could quit, or the bank was going to open an investigation into whether he opened accounts for customers without their consent. He says he was told if the investigation began, there was a good chance he'd be fired. Jeremy figured this was retribution for his speaking out. He was 26 years old. He got scared and he quit. "I went to lunch, came back and I said nope — I'm outta here, I'm done."

But it wasn't that simple. Jeremy didn't realize it at the time, but Wells Fargo wrote him up on what's called his U5 document. It's like a report card for bankers. And the bank put what amounted to a big red flag on it. Jeremy soon found he couldn't get hired by any other bank.
Jeremy was out of work for six months, living off credit cards. But then, at another job interview, he says he finally figured it out. He says a hiring manager at another bank brought him outside the bank building to talk. "And she says, 'Listen, I'm not really supposed to say anything because it's an HR issue, but I'll tell you, I really liked you." But, she told him, "There's this thing on your U5. I can't hire you."

It turns out Wells Fargo had written on Jeremy's U5 report card that he admitted to opening accounts for customers without their authorization. A bank is required to report wrongdoing on a U5. But Jeremy says in his case it just wasn't true. "The second I found out about the U5 information I was appalled," he says. "And now it all made sense." That is, all the times he'd get so close to getting a job only to have it get yanked away after a background check.

Employment lawyers say getting a negative mark on your U5 is like getting the mark of Cain in the world of bankers and brokers.
Wells Fargo tells NPR in a statement that it's "disturbing to hear claims of retaliation against team members." The bank says it's investigating those claims.
Yea, I bet they'll get right on that...

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:28 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wells-fa ... d=43043059

I just saw the ad while watching the World Series. It only pisses me off even more. I don't want them to repair their image and make things right. I want each and every one of their executives to eat a big fucking dick and choke to death. Or to go die in a fucking fire. Or to go jump off the world's highest cliff without parachutes.

Fuck them all! Roast-in-hell-on-a-spit-in-a-pit-of-lava fuck them all! Just go fucking die in some horrible, painful, screaming-in-agony way fuck them all!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:05 am

shemp wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wells-fargo-races-repair-brand-commitment-tv-ad/story?id=43043059

I just saw the ad while watching the World Series. It only pisses me off even more. I don't want them to repair their image and make things right. I want each and every one of their executives to eat a big fucking dick and choke to death. Or to go die in a fucking fire. Or to go jump off the world's highest cliff without parachutes.

Fuck them all! Roast-in-hell-on-a-spit-in-a-pit-of-lava fuck them all! Just go fucking die in some horrible, painful, screaming-in-agony way fuck them all!

Yea, I agree...I don't care if the AG is doing this for political reasons (that DID bother me a bit - not any more!).
See: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... ntity-thef

Wells Fargo executives and managers that pushed these policies deserve everything they're (probably NOT) going to get....and 10 years on top of that.

anyway: Elizabeth Warren calls out KPMG for Wells Fargo disaster
The 2001 implosion of Enron ushered in laws that require public companies to have their financial statements blessed by independent auditors.

But the staggering nature of the Wells Fargo scandal -- 5,300 employees fired for creating millions of fake customer accounts -- is raising questions about the quality of those independent audits.

Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders fired off a letter on Thursday to KPMG, calling the accounting firm out for failing to discover the widespread illegal behavior at Wells Fargo (WFC).

Wells Fargo hired KPMG as its independent auditor for all five years in which regulators say fake accounts were being opened. (Testimony from employees and documents obtained by CNNMoney suggest the problem actually began earlier than 2011, the date regulators have cited.)
Each year, KPMG put a stamp of approval on the procedures that Wells Fargo had in place to guarantee the integrity of its financial statements -- controls that have since come into serious doubt. KPMG never flagged concerns about Wells Fargo's record-keeping or compliance with laws and regulations.

"Your firm's failure to identify the illegal behavior at Wells Fargo raises questions about the quality of your audits," Warren, Sanders and two Democratic colleagues wrote in the letter to KPMG CEO Lynne Doughtie.
Ya think?

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Postby hammegk » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:03 am

shemp wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wells-fargo-races-repair-brand-commitment-tv-ad/story?id=43043059

Go ahead and tell us what you really think. :D

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 am

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:48 am

Senators Investigate Reports Wells Fargo Punished Workers (audio at link)

Elizabeth Warren and two other U.S. senators are demanding answers from Wells Fargo about reports of retribution by bank managers against would-be whistleblowers. This marks the latest development in the ongoing consumer banking scandal engulfing the banking giant.

In a letter to Wells Fargo's new CEO, Timothy Sloan, Warren, D-Mass., and Sens. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., and Ron Wyden, D-Ore., say the bank may have "misled regulators about the scope of the fraud."

The senators extensively cite reporting by NPR about former Wells Fargo workers who were fired or pushed to resign after they called the bank's ethics line. The workers say they were resisting the widespread unethical sales practices that are at the center of the current banking scandal. Wells Fargo opened as many as 2 million accounts without customers' consent.

In an interview with NPR Friday, Warren said regulators and the general public want to "protect whistleblowers. When somebody says there's a problem here, their employer doesn't get to attack them."

But former workers from four states tell NPR that's basically what the bank did to them. Wells Fargo wrote negative comments about the workers on their U5 documents — a U5 is basically a report card used by the industry. They say this amounted to a scarlet letter that has badly damaged their careers.

That story was presented above but may also be found here.

The senators say that these reports as well as information from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority "paint a disturbing picture" about Wells Fargo's treatment of potential whistleblowers. Fear of retaliatory action from the bank could have prevented potential whistleblowers from coming forward and exposing the fraud. To address this concern, the senators are asking Wells Fargo for extensive information about workers it labeled this way going back more than a decade.

Wells Fargo has said it is disturbing to hear claims of retaliation against workers. And the bank says it is investigating these claims.

Wells Fargo Banksta: "I'm shocked, shocked, to hear claims of retaliation against whistleblowers workers!
"The Wells Fargo scandal exposes how vulnerable bank employees are under the current system," Warren told NPR. "The idea of bankwide fraud is something that the FINRA system wasn't designed to catch and in fact may help the banks squelch their whistleblowers and others who would try to correct the problem. I hope that we're going to see some changes come out of this."

The senators also say their review of the U5 data goes beyond the whistleblower issue alone.

They say that failing to properly disclose and examine U5 forms may have misled the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other regulators by concealing key information on the forms. In their letter, the senators say that "the bank may have deprived FINRA and other regulators of information that could have allowed them to uncover and stop the illegal activity at Wells Fargo well before the September 2016 CFPB settlement."

The senators also noted that "Wells Fargo has a history of compliance problems related to U5 reporting" and requested information on the bank's U5 filing, review and amendment process. FINRA has launched its own internal U5 review of Wells Fargo but has not disclosed details yet.

Meanwhile, investigations into Wells Fargo continue. As Warren said, "this isn't over yet."

Frankly, I'm beginning to think Shemp was being too kind to them.

shemp
Title: gnat

Postby shemp » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:02 pm

They can all be trussed up with razor wire, then tossed into a wood chipper that spits their remains up the butt of an elephant with diarrhea, which will then shit them into a tank of sulfuric acid.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"[... it seems most strange that... ] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. If you have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit. [I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never have accepted them." -- Rabbi Moses ben Nahman, defending the Talmud at the Disputation of Barcelona, July 1263.

"God is the supreme excuse for human adults to absolve themselves of any obligation to preserve natural resources for their own children during their lifetime." -- Gene Ray

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Wells Fargo to Abused Customers: See You in Arbitration

Only in the la-la land of financial industry justice does stuff like this happen.

After suing Wells Fargo & Co. for alleged fraud, invasion of privacy and other claims related to the bank's highly publicized unauthorized accounts scandal this autumn, a group of 80 customers who are seeking class status got this message late last month:

We'll see you in arbitration.

Like other banks, Wells demands that customers agree to give up their rights to sue in court when they open accounts. And like other banks, when customers flout that agreement and sue anyway, Wells files court papers demanding arbitration.

Unlike other banks, though, Wells in this case is an operation that has been outed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for outrageous law-breaking -- opening as many as 2 million phony accounts without customers' permission. In the process, Wells exposed consumers to credit rating problems and fees for products they'd never asked for.
On Nov. 23, the dishonored bank filed a motion to force its victims to stick to their word and honor the contract requiring arbitration. In Wells' world, playing by the rules is apparently only expected of the customer. Wells spokesman Jack Grone said the company declined to comment.

If it wins, Wells will corral its victims into hearings before the American Arbitration Association, the forum it specified in its customer agreements.
Merry Xmas to all, and to all of our "abused customers," please repeat the following 'abused-customer' mantra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSN3JB2XTSI

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Wells Fargo fails 'living will' test, faces restrictions: U.S. regulators

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. officials on Tuesday limited Wells Fargo & Co's (WFC.N) ability to grow its business, punishing the bank for not having a sufficient plan to protect markets in the case of bankruptcy.

The ruling crowns a dismal year for the San Francisco lender roiling from a scandal in which bank employees created as many as 2 million accounts without customer authorization.

Chief Executive Officer John Stumpf resigned in the wake of that controversy. Tuesday's ruling means the bank may not establish international bank entities or acquire non-bank subsidiaries, regulators said.

For the lazy shiftless Banksta's of Wells Fargo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXF9A3oWnho
Well, for now maybe...
TOO BIG TO FAIL

Living wills were conceived in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis when the downfall of several Wall Street banks sent shockwaves through global markets.

U.S. taxpayers had to prop up banks that were deemed "too big to fail" and Congress vowed that such a rescue would not happen again.

Given all the Banksta's comrade Donald wants to put in...
:doglaugh:

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Prudential Suspends Sales of Its Life Policies by Wells Fargo

In a sign of widening fallout from Wells Fargo's sales scandal, Prudential said Monday that it was suspending sales of its life insurance policies through Wells Fargo until it completed an investigation into the banks sales tactics.
Lastweek, three former Prudential employees filed a whistle-blower lawsuit assertiong that the company had tried to hush up evidence that Wells Fargo bankers - who were supposed to market a low-cost Prudential policy, MyTerm, to their customers - opened sham accounts in customers' names and had premiums withdrawn from their accounts without their consent or knowledge. Many of the victims did not speak English, the suit said.

Ah don't worry, comrade Donald will have them in the construction business before ya know it...
Building a wall...on the south side of the border most likely...

What, too soon?

The employees had been fired by Prudential - in retaliation, they say, for trying to prod their bosses to act more aggressively on the findings. Prudential disputes this account; Scot Hoffman, a Prudential spokesman, said the employees were fired "for appropriate and legitimate reasons that were entirely unrelated to Prudential's business with Wells Fargo."

Wow, what a coincidence!

This seems to be exactly the way it went down in Well's Fargo...go figure.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Wells Fargo victims may soon get financial justice

A series of developments following the Wells Fargo scandal has now led to the introduction of legislation designed to bring financial justice for the millions of consumers affected by fees and fraudulent accounts they never authorized or opened.

On Dec. 1, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) introduced a bill that would grant Wells Fargo victims their day in court – even if they signed contracts that included arbitration for legitimately opened accounts with the bank.
A companion bill was also filed in the House by Brad Sherman (D-Calif.).

“I want to thank Senate Banking Committee Ranking Member Sherrod Brown for working with me to introduce the ‘Justice for Victims of Fraud Act of 2016.’ This bill will give defrauded Wells Fargo customers the opportunity for their day in court,” said Sherman. “If customers never authorized the opening of a phony credit card or checking account, there is no reason they should be bound by the arbitration agreement they were forced to sign when they set up their legitimate account.

Makes sense to me...anybody else?

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Merry Xmas Wells Fargo...
U.S. Justice Dept. orders whistleblower to testify in Wells Fargo probe
The U.S. Department of Justice has subpoenaed a high-profile whistleblower in its criminal investigation into Wells Fargo & Co's (WFC.N) opening of accounts without customer permission.

U.S. prosecutors in San Francisco have asked Wells Fargo banker Yesenia Guitron, who lost a private lawsuit against the fourth-largest lender, to testify before a grand jury in San Francisco on Tuesday, according to a subpoena dated Dec. 12, which was seen by Reuters.

A Wells Fargo spokesman declined to comment.

Guitron is among at least five Wells Fargo employees who sued the bank or filed complaints with regulators alleging that they were fired after reporting the opening of customer accounts without their permission, according to a Reuters review of lawsuits and complaints to the U.S. Labor Department.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Elizabeth Warren calls on Fed to remove Wells Fargo board members over accounts scandal
Elizabeth Warren is calling on the Federal Reserve to remove Wells Fargo & Co. board members who presided over the bank when it opened millions of consumer accounts without customers’ authorization.

The scandal, which erupted last year, “revealed severe problems with the bank's risk management practices — problems that justify the Federal Reserve's removal of all responsible board members,” the Massachusetts Democrat wrote in a Monday letter to Federal Reserve Chair Janet L. Yellen.

The letter primarily cites a report by New York law firm Sherman & Sterling, which was hired by the board to conduct an independent investigation into the scandal.

The report, released in April, found that the board did not take an active enough role in monitoring the bank’s practices, which in turn allowed problems to persist for years. Some critics said the report did not hold the board accountable enough, painting board members as out of the loop rather than negligent.
Federal banking regulators have the authority to remove bank directors, although it's something of a last resort.

Okay Pocahontas!
Bitch-slap them banksta's!
Last edited by Skeeve on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Get 'em fired?

Nothing about perp walks etc?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Get 'em fired?

Nothing about perp walks etc?

Most (fake?) news sources have the Fed yawning mightily and then doing nothing moving on to the next item of business.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm

And guess who is back in the news...my favorite Bankstas!

Wall Street is livid over Wells Fargo's latest scandal: 'Here we go again'

Analysts are angry over the latest Wells Fargo scandal where hundreds of thousands of the bank's customers were overcharged.

Wells Fargo shares fell 2.6 percent Friday after The New York Times first reported the news. The stock closed 1.2 percent higher Monday, meanwhile.

The article cited a 60-page internal report, which revealed more than 800,000 of Wells Fargo's auto loan customers were charged for car insurance they did not need.

Comeon folks, 2.6 percent is only a small BITCH SLAP!

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:57 am

I Just Learned Wells Fargo Did It To Me Again

The headline says it all..

A report out of Bloomberg entitled “Wells Fargo Does It Again, This Time With Unwanted Auto Insurance” was illuminating because I was a victim of this unethical practice of unwanted auto insurance 18 months ago. Details of my dilemma are detailed below and point out that Wells Fargo (WFC) openly knew what it was doing. But it comes on the heel of a fraudulently opened credit card, which is still showing up on my credit report, and which I didn’t receive any reimbursement.

But back to the insurance issue.

What follows is an anecdotal example of the problem...

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”