The Vaguely Official Police Shooting Thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: The Vaguely Official Police Shooting Thread

Post by gnome » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:01 pm

corplinx wrote:You know I'm not a huge fan of projecting what you want the killers' intentions to be on people.

However, we know the Dallas PD shooter's intent and the Baton Rouge shooter isn't hard to divine either.

I think there is a real problem with systemic violence in this country from Democrats/BLM/etc. We've seen it in California in San Jose, Dallas, Baton Rouge.

When do we stop being nice about it?
Why do you say "systemic"?

It seems to me that there is clear evidence of systemic problems in police actions. If the violence against police is systemic, where is the corresponding evidence?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 pm

And then beyond criminal justice, we must, we must fight for common-sense reforms to stop gun violence.

This is, by far, gun violence, by far the leading cause of death for young African-American men outstripping the next nine causes of death combined. The wrong people, the wrong people keep getting their hands on guns, and not just any guns, military weapons like the kind the Dallas shooter had which allowed him to outgun the police.
Hillary at the NAACP Conv.

Dallas shooter outgunned the police? Lyin' Hillary

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 pm

Wish they would stop trying to use the murder of police officers as an excuse to criticize the police. But I guess they can do that because it's a safe line of attack.

Meanwhile black people are getting shot by other black people locally on a regular basis. Not hearing any politicians yelping about stopping that specific madness.

Plus the obvious problem that black people shooting police officers is only going to result in justifiably concerned police officers who will be on orange alert all the time now, and I can't blame them.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:01 am

Montrell Jackson's last Facebook post.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm

After Dallas and Baton Rouge, we need action
by Jesse Jackson in the Chicago Sun Times

Last paragraph:

Doing nothing means things will get worse. Police are on edge for good reason. Civilians are on edge about the police for good reason. Military assault weapons flood our communities. The violence diverts attention and action on real needs — on jobs and housing, schools and health care. Enough bluster. It is time for common sense … and action.
I agree with this as written, but that is only by leaving "action" undefined.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:37 pm

That's fucking rich coming from Jesse Jackson.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:After Dallas and Baton Rouge, we need action

Last paragraph:

Doing nothing means things will get worse. Police are on edge for good reason. Civilians are on edge about the police for good reason. Military assault weapons flood our communities. The violence diverts attention and action on real needs — on jobs and housing, schools and health care. Enough bluster. It is time for common sense … and action.
The "military assault weapons" account for less than 1% of the shootings.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Ben Trovado
Title: Ex Avenger

Post by Ben Trovado » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 pm

WildCat wrote:

That phrase and the phrase "common sense" signals what the "action" is supposed to be.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 pm

WildCat wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:After Dallas and Baton Rouge, we need action

Last paragraph:

An example of Jess being full of shit even when he sounds good.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:06 am

Oops. Police shoot another unarmed black man. At least he wasn't killed.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows- ... armed-man/
NORTH MIAMI, FLA. (WSVN) - A therapist who works with people with disabilities is telling his story after he said police shot him while he was trying to help his patient with autism.

Cellphone video was released Wednesday afternoon showing Charles Kinsey lying on the ground with his hands in the air, telling officers that weapons are not necessary. “When I went to the ground, I went to the ground with my hands up,” Kinsey said, “and I am laying there just like this. Telling them again there is no need for firearms. He is autistic. He has a toy truck in his hand.”

In his hospital bed and wearing bandages, Kinsey said, he was attempting to calm an autistic patient who ran away from a group home. Kinsey could be heard in the video saying, “All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home.”

He is also heard asking his patient to calm down. “Rinaldo, please be still, Rinaldo. Sit down, Rinaldo. Lay on your stomach.”

The ordeal went on for a few minutes before Kinsey said one of the officers shot him. “I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” Kinsey said. “I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot! And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.'”

North Miami Police said the incident began, Monday, when someone called 911 and said there was a man walking around with a gun threatening suicide. Kinsey said the man was his patient and the alleged gun was a toy truck. “I was really more worried about him than myself. I was thinking as long as I have my hands up … they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.”

Kinsey said what police did after the shooting is what upsets him the most. “They got three sets of handcuffs. They cuff my hands, and they flip me over, and I am laying on the concrete like this. I’m bleeding,” he said.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 am

If I was close to someone with a mental issue, I would probably live on pins and needles knowing how a confrontation with police could go.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:28 am

I don't get that one at all.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:34 am

Doesn't makes sense, which is why my working theory is that it was just a fuck-up by a rookie cop.

Like this:

[youtube][/youtube]
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:39 am

Guardsmark doesn't arm security people because they find the presence of a gun is dangerous in a conflict situation for that very reason.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:52 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
["Snip!"--Ed.]And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.'”

["Snip!"--Ed.] “I was really more worried about him than myself. I was thinking as long as I have my hands up … they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.

Kinsey said what police did after the shooting is what upsets him the most. “They got three sets of handcuffs. They cuff my hands, and they flip me over, and I am laying on the concrete like this. I’m bleeding,” he said.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:30 am

Welp, it took a year or so, but "hands up don't shoot" finally is a legitimate protest.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Attorney refuses to remove Black Lives Matter pin, taken into custody
WISH-TV 8 (Indianapolis)
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – An attorney was removed from court and taken into custody after a judge declared her in contempt for refusing to take off a Black Lives Matter pin.

Youngstown Municipal Court Judge Robert Milich said Attorney Andrea Burton was in contempt of court for refusing to remove the pin in his courtroom as instructed. Burton was sentenced to five days in jail, but she has been released on a stay while an appeal is underway.

Burton will stay out of jail during the appeals process as long as she obeys Milich’s order not to wear items that make a political statement in court. If she loses her appeal, she will have to serve the five days in jail.

Milich said his opinions have nothing to do with his decision.

“A judge doesn’t support either side,” he said. “A judge is objective and tries to make sure everyone has an opportunity to have a fair hearing, and it was a situation where it was just in violation of the law,” he said.

The Youngstown branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) said its legal counsel is monitoring the case closely as it may violate Burton’s civil rights.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:07 pm

A police officer has died and another remains in hospital after both were shot in the US city of San Diego.

The officers were members of a gang suppression unit and were shot by unknown gunmen at a traffic stop on Thursday evening.

The pair's names have not been released. The second officer is expected to survive.

The shooting follows earlier attacks on police this month in the US cities of Dallas and Baton Rouge.

The officer who died was said to have a wife and children.

An injured suspect was found on Friday in a ravine and has been taken to hospital.

San Diego's mayor, Kevin Faulconer, said: "Violence against the men and women who wear the badge is violence against us all. I ask all San Diegans and all people across our nation to join together in support of our officers who courageously protect our communities. We need them and they need us."

Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee whose campaign includes a vow to "make America safe again" tweeted about the incident, saying: "It is only getting worse. People want LAW AND ORDER!"

Beaten By Colonists
--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... t-galleria
CLEVELAND - A suspect opened fire on a Cuyahoga County sheriff's deputy at the Galleria Monday morning, according to a police source.

The shooting happened at the Galleria on East 9th Street around 8:30 a.m.

The deputy returned fire, injuring the suspect. The suspect was transported from the scene by ambulance.

It is unclear whether the deputy was injured.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 am

Follow up:
Minnesota officer charged with manslaughter for shooting Philando Castile during incident streamed on Facebook

Prosecutors in Minnesota said Wednesday that they had charged a police officer with second-degree manslaughter for fatally shooting Philando Castile during a traffic stop in a Twin Cities suburb over the summer.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

John Choi, the Ramsey County attorney, said at a news conference in St. Paul, Minn., that Jeronimo Yanez, the officer who shot Castile, would also be charged with endangering the lives of Reynolds and her 4-year-old daughter, who was also in the car. These counts, along with the manslaughter charge, are all felonies.

Washington Post
--J.D.

AL East Champs!!