Cuba

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 68377
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2507 times
Been thanked: 995 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:22 pm

jacks wrote:Puerto Rico.



... are already almost there. 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19580
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 611 times

Re: Cuba

Postby corplinx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:42 pm


User avatar
sparks
Posts: 12998
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!
Has thanked: 1503 times
Been thanked: 483 times

Re: Cuba

Postby sparks » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 pm

jacks has a hard on for Cuba because they're a bunch of Commie bastards trying to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.



Mandrake.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19580
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 611 times

Re: Cuba

Postby corplinx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Dey tuk ar floods!

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 65741
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3020 times
Been thanked: 1929 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:18 pm

DEY DERK UR DEW!!!!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 pm

sparks wrote:jacks has a hard on for Cuba because they're a bunch of Commie bastards trying to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.



Mandrake.

They are commie bastards, but more they are fucking POOR. The American taxpayer will send billions in aid from now till forever, why?
it's a fucking hole in the ocean. Mandrake.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 19580
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 611 times

Re: Cuba

Postby corplinx » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:31 pm

jacks wrote:
sparks wrote:jacks has a hard on for Cuba because they're a bunch of Commie bastards trying to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.



Mandrake.

They are commie bastards, but more they are fucking POOR. The American taxpayer will send billions in aid from now till forever, why?
it's a fucking hole in the ocean. Mandrake.



They have a GDP of 72 billion. If they were a US state, they would be the 8th largest by population. That is a huge untapped market for US goods as their post embargo economy booms.

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Oh good they don't need US.

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 pm

The only person saying they do is you.

Even at that your argument makes no sense. We should spend money economically blockading them until the heat death of the universe because they are poor?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:05 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:The only person saying they do is you.

Even at that your argument makes no sense. We should spend money economically blockading them until the heat death of the universe because they are poor?

they wanted castro and free ponies, they got castro. every other country in the world can sell them anything they need, but what they want is the US to support them, and we will.

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 am

My question stands. Even if they are as poor as you make them out to be; we should economically blockade them until the end of time because they are poor?

Should we economically blockade every country that is poor? There are countries far, far poorer than Cuba that we don't have embargoes on. Shall we blockade all of them to, lest we give them aid money. Are those the only two options: 1) Embargo or 2) FREE PONIES FOR EVERYONE? Seriously?

Your objection makes no sense. It is a fine objection for not giving them economic aid. It is a complete non sequitur in regards to whether we should lift the embargo on them.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 31990
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Re: Cuba

Postby ed » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:My question stands. Even if they are as poor as you make them out to be; we should economically blockade them until the end of time because they are poor?

Should we economically blockade every country that is poor? There are countries far, far poorer than Cuba that we don't have embargoes on. Shall we blockade all of them to, lest we give them aid money. Are those the only two options: 1) Embargo or 2) FREE PONIES FOR EVERYONE? Seriously?

Your objection makes no sense. It is a fine objection for not giving them economic aid. It is a complete non sequitur in regards to whether we should lift the embargo on them.


We don't economically blockade them. Where did you get that idea. We don't trade with them. Canada is a big trading partner of theirs.
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 am

That is still a non-sequitur regardig the resumption of diplomatic relations and lifting the economic embargo.

Shall we embargo every poor country, but its okay as long as someone else trades with them?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 14047
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
Has thanked: 1614 times
Been thanked: 2169 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Witness » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:52 am

jacks wrote:I see the US taxpayer investing no less than a billion dollars in that shit hole, and that's just a start.

And I see you have your preferences (http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41322&p=766397#p766389).

User avatar
jacks
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am
Title: double dipshit
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Cuba

Postby jacks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 am

What do we need from them?

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:05 am

Again, a non-sequitur in regards to whether we should continue the embargo and resume normal relations. You could ask the same question about a whole host of countries. Shall we actively punish every country we don't need anything from?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 am

You are acting as if we are proposing giving them some special privileges, turning over 1/10th of our first born children to them or somesuch. We are just giving them the same status we give most of the rest of the world.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 47021
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 741 times
Been thanked: 1292 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:10 am

Tonga is a tiny country. The whole country has half the population of Reno. It's GDP is less than half a billion dollars. There is absolutely nothing on it that we can't gt somewhere else. Shall we go out of our way to punish them too? For being useless to us? Since that seems to be your sole criterion for whether we should cut off ties and embargo a country.

Hell, two or three destroyers and we could starve the country out entirely, I'd bet. Why not do that? What good are they to us?
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19603
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Hiding under ed's bed
Has thanked: 543 times
Been thanked: 557 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Rob Lister » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:36 am

I don't think it is any use, Nyarl. His objections are emotional. Logic evades him.

And so, without further logical objection...
Last edited by Rob Lister on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Bruce
Posts: 19585
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:46 pm
Title: Big cynic in small state
Location: Rhode Island
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Cuba

Postby Bruce » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:38 am

Image

It's like one of those pictures you find in an activity book.

Can you guess which ones are the brains, the muscle, and the money?
Such potential!


Return to “Politics & Social Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests