Pot shops in Denver to open for business tomorrow

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Pot shops in Denver to open for business tomorrow

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Why not do what they have done with other commodities and buy up (and warehouse) the surplus. A strategic stockpile.
They could release it in mass quantities during periods of riot and unrest!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Black market withstanding, the entry level is pretty much whatever the state/local government says it is. I guess Oregon kind of fucked up. It is true the prices are coming down but nobody is buying retail weed at <$100/lb.
Wait until people realize how ridiculously easy it is to grow themselves, and wonder why they're paying $100/oz for something they could grow in their backyard for practically free.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

WildCat wrote:I've driven through Nevada, and it seems most of the time you're 25 miles from the nearest person let alone a dispensary.
This is true for most of the state geographically, but most of the people in the state live in Las Vegas (and I mean that quite literally, depending on who's counting the Vegas counts from 1/2 to 2/3 of our population) and there are dispensaries galore there. Most of the rest of the people state live in/near Reno, and its dispensaries. Thus most people in the state are not legally allowed to grow, only to buy.

It's a dumb rule but there you go
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:57 pm

WildCat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:Black market withstanding, the entry level is pretty much whatever the state/local government says it is. I guess Oregon kind of fucked up. It is true the prices are coming down but nobody is buying retail weed at <$100/lb.
Wait until people realize how ridiculously easy it is to grow themselves, and wonder why they're paying $100/oz for something they could grow in their backyard for practically free.
I can also brew beer in my garage but I don't. By your own admission, most folks are not going to smoke enough to make it worth their while, especially given the home-grown restrictions that most states do/will invoke. If homegrown were going to be an issue (and I agreed with you that it was back in 2013) then it would have reared its head by now, 2018). It hasn't.

Some years I attempted to grow my own tomatoes and peppers but honestly, I can't be bothered anymore. When nice neighbors and cow-orkers offer me some from their garden, I cringe, politely accept, and then privately discard them with prejudice.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
WildCat wrote:
I can also brew beer in my garage but I don't. By your own admission, most folks are not going to smoke enough to make it worth their while, especially given the home-grown restrictions that most states do/will invoke. If homegrown were going to be an issue (and I agreed with you that it was back in 2013) then it would have reared its head by now, 2018). It hasn't.

Some years I attempted to grow my own tomatoes and peppers but honestly, I can't be bothered anymore. When nice neighbors and cow-orkers offer me some from their garden, I cringe, politely accept, and then privately discard them with prejudice.
One plant is all it takes. How much effort do you think is involved? And if your 6-pack cost $150 you'd be much more likely to brew your own.

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 pm

WildCat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
WildCat wrote:

One plant is all it takes. How much effort do you think is involved? And if your 6-pack cost $150 you'd be much more likely to brew your own.
Not if I only drank half a gram of beer a day. That's what, a nickle?

And as to the effort?
Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside.

At homes with residents under 21, any marijuana grow area must be enclosed and locked in a separate space that minors can’t access.

At homes without residents under 21, extra precautions must be taken to make sure any visiting youth don’t have access to marijuana plants.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/mariju ... -grow-laws

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call that a pain.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Rob Lister wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and call that a pain.
It's not like that everywhere, and those laws are almost unenforceable anyway.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm

I suspect that if nationwide legalization occurs (fat chance) the money will be in processed forms of pot; edibles, cannabis oil, etc. Lots of people want to consume it but don't want their home to smell like a skunkery

I mean I could grow my own (okay, I have a brown thumb and have killed multiple houseplants, so maybe I couldn't) easily enough. But making gummies, cookies, tinctures, etc is conisiderably more of a pain in the ass. I rarely bake my own regular cookies and I LOVE cookies, I suspect the pot variety wouldn't be showing up in my oven with any more regularity. But I would pay for one.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:54 pm

WildCat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
WildCat wrote:

You underestimate the power of lazy people

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote: On the other hand, up until last week you could use your debit card at the dispensary nearest me. As of Tuesday, at least, it was cash only. And I don't think it was a glitch in thier system, because they sign said that the change was "indefinate". So I think someone, somewhere, is cracking down
Debit cards work here so far.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Happy 4/20 day duuudes!!
Seriously...

Chuck the Fuck...as far as I can tell has yet to recover his balls from what ever purse they are in, but he still intends to introduce this bill....
...any day now....
Marijuana News: A Senate Bill To Decriminalize Marijuana At The Federal Level Is On Its Way
The link has a nicely produced video of Chuck and other politicians
(apparently all in the midst of getting their balls out of a purse, or taking their spine off of lay-away)
...pontificating about pot...

It will be introduced...any day now...but there always seems to be some new Trump-related scandal that takes priority sorry,
but we'll get that bill introduced...any day now...
In an interview with Vice News Tonight, Schumer had this to say:
The time has come to decriminalize marijuana. My thinking -- as well as the general population's views -- on the issue has evolved, and so I believe there's no better time than the present to get this done. It's simply the right thing to do.
So any day now....
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Told you it was never gonna happen.

The “War on Drugs” is too useful to those in power to ever end it. It gives then pretexts to trample far too many rights

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Told you it was never gonna happen.

The “War on Drugs” is too useful to those in power to ever end it. It gives then pretexts to trample far too many rights
Come on Narl, its GONNA HAPPEN!
ANY Day now...

A Bill to Decriminalize Marijuana at the Federal Level Is on Its Way
See!
What did I tell you...ANY DAY NOW....
Is decriminalization a real possibility?
Of course, the $64,000 question is this: Does Schumer's decriminalization bill have a chance of passage in the Senate and/or House?
Well, not if he doesn't get off his butt and introduce the fucking thing....Chuck the Cuck!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue May 01, 2018 11:00 pm

I'm inclined to agree, but given enough popular pressure they might legalize MJ, but double down on other drugs.

Or even find something new to have a war on. Aren't there several going on already?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed May 02, 2018 2:02 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:

I'm inclined to agree, but given enough popular pressure they might legalize MJ, but double down on other drugs.

Or even find something new to have a war on. Aren't there several going on already?
They mIght legalize MJ.

Also, winged monkeys might also fly forth from my ass.

They don’t give a quarter of a shit what people want. Pressure is meaningless

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 am

Nyarlathotep wrote: Pressure is meaningless
The fact that it happened on the state level proves it's possible.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote: Pressure is meaningless
The fact that it happened on the state level proves it's possible.
Decriminalizing marijuana proposal gets 35 House co-sponsors, including St. Louis' Lacy Clay
Rep. William Lacy Clay is one of 35 House Democrats co-sponsoring legislation that would decriminalize marijuana in federal statutes and penalize states that don’t legalize it and have high rates of pot-related arrests and incarceration. The bill has little chance of passing in this Republican-controlled Congress, but it could get a second look if Democrats take control of the House in November. A key Senate Democrat up for re-election, Dianne Feinstein of California, reversed course and said this month she was dropping her opposition to legalizing recreational marijuana.
:BOGGLE:

I never thought that old THOT Franken-Feinstein would ever change her position on pot....
Some pro-pot person must be giving her a good run...

Naryl, was that a flying monkey you just farted out?

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Mon May 07, 2018 7:31 pm

I truly think they are now well vested in the pending business. When the majority are, it passes.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon May 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Rob Lister wrote:I truly think they are now well vested in the pending business. When the majority are, it passes.
Well, at least on the state level, and Franken-Feinstein likes not having to work for a living eating at the public troth so....

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon May 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Naryl, was that a flying monkey you just farted out?
I'll believe it when it happens.

Not a moment before

Also, too...
Rep. William Lacy Clay is one of 35 House Democrats co-sponsoring legislation that would decriminalize marijuana in federal statutes and penalize states that don’t legalize it and have high rates of pot-related arrests and incarceration. The bill has little chance of passing in this Republican-controlled Congress, but it could get a second look if Democrats take control of the House in November. A key Senate Democrat up for re-election, Dianne Feinstein of California, reversed course and said this month she was dropping her opposition to legalizing recreational marijuana.
From the very bit of the article you quoted.

And I don't beleive that it has any chance of passing if the house flips either. It's easy to make bold proposals knowing they will never get off the ground. If (and its a big IF) the house flips, I predict that they will forget this vote ever happened