Abdul Alhazred wrote:WildCat wrote:Toni Preckwinkle got $150,000 from the SEIU for her Cook County board run... you don't think that will influence her when it comes to cutting the fat from the county budget?
Better than getting it under the table and no one the wiser?
How would no one be the wiser? If $150,000 suddenly appears in her campaign fund without 15,000 names attached it's not hard to figure out.
What change in the law do you think it would take to make Cook County not corrupt? As distinct from enforcing the laws we have now?
1. No patronage jobs. All jobs must be listed online, as well as the names of the successful candidates. All hiring records must be available to the public, no more employees who no one admits to hiring.
2. Open the books on TIF funds. Right now, this is basically Daley's private slush fund and there is no publicly available accountability for them.
3. Fire every city/county worker who was absent for 20 days or more. excepting those with real (medically documented) illnesses.
4. $10 campaign limits, no matter if it's a person/corporation/union/group.
5. Allow all government employees to be secretly audiotaped by the general public in the performance of their official duties.
Just a few off the top of my head...