Want 100 grand? Take the challenge!

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Billy Batts
Title: Made Man

Re: Want 100 grand? Take the challenge!

Postby Billy Batts » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:39 am

You should see how good of a shine he puts on your shoes!
Now Go Get Your Fucking Shine Box!

Witness

Postby Witness » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:54 am

Doctor X wrote:Those are not the only passages.

Just remembered something I read a very long time ago: Cosmas. Much later, of course. From the shreds of memory, his worldview was of an angular flat earth, the sky a kind of half-cylinder atop some walls (?!?), and night falling when the sun got behind a gigantic mountain.
Quick googling diden't bring up much in that direction; I'll try to locate the book, buried somewhere…

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 am

There is this flat-Earth model made just prior to the turn of the last century:

you can find larger pictures and see the biblical passages quoted.

Searching for that coughed up this:

Most of you have been unable to avoid the flat-earth kerfuffle on the day-time talk show The View.

On a recent episode one of the hosts, Sherri Shepherd, said she doesn’t believe the theory of evolution. Whoopi Goldberg, also a host, asked Shepherd “Is the world flat?”

Shepherd’s response was “…I Don’t know. I… I never thought about it, Whoopi. Is the world flat? I never thought about it.”

Making Maps

there be linkypoos in the Japanese original linkypoo. Give him credit for recognizing that circles are actually flat. His model, of course, will not solve the problems of observation.

This:

is a good representation of the "biblical Earth" per the P Creation Myth and Flood Myth.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Witness

Postby Witness » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:01 am

From the picture I gather that, quite evidently, sheol = oil. That's why the Arabs have it. :twisted:

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:14 am

"Moshe . . . what with forty years . . . you couldn't make us wander a bit more west?"

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:36 am

I assume the desert they wandered in for 40 years was the Sinai, right? It took them 40 years to walk from Egypt to Israel? I mean how hard can it be? Just keep the Mediterranean to your left and follow the coast.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:01 am

Anaxagoras wrote:I assume the desert they wandered in for 40 years was the Sinai, right? It took them 40 years to walk from Egypt to Israel? I mean how hard can it be? Just keep the Mediterranean to your left and follow the coast.

". . . as the Bible speaks about six hundred thousand Israelites plus their households, easily more than three million persons. . . . Needless to say, any person who has only once visited the Sinai Peninsula will know that this almost moonlike territory could hardly provide food for more than a small number of persons, nothing in the vicinity of the millions presupposed by the biblical authority." Furthermore, as earlier scholars have noticed, the at least three million people as required by the text would, ". . . have filled up the whole peninsula, and even if the Israelites marched in broad columns would have meant that the advance guard was well into Syria before the rear guard had left Egypt."1

--J. "It is My Pleasure!" D.

Evidences:

Lemche NP. The Israelites in History and Tradition. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 1998.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:18 pm

One thing to bear in mind. The Ancient Hebrew conception of the universe (as understood by whoever wrote that part of Genesis), was not a religious doctrine as such.

Jewish seafarers of the Hellenistic period were not hampered by it in any way.

Indeed, while ancient people may have been bigoted in their own way, "fundamentalism" as we have it today did not exist. That is the reaction to "modernism".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Return to “Education”